Tuesday, 12 July 2011

My interview with ITV News, about Kendal's public transport lottery

I met with MPs and transport leaders in London last week to highlight problems disabled people have with public transport.

It's a real struggle for disabled people to get around in this area. The buses where I live in Kendal aren't all accessible, so when I am waiting for one I have no idea whether I will be able to get on it or not. Taxis often aren't an option - the numbers of accessible cabs in Cumbria are very limited, with many contracted to day centres and only available between 10am and 4pm. A little investment in adapting buses and better training staff would go such a long way.
To see my interview on ITV News, go to http://www.itv.com/border/disabled-bus-access48797/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.